cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Griffith, Vivienne" <>
Subject RE: Question about I18nTransformer
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:29:04 GMT

>>At present (Cocoon2rc1a) it seems that one can only keep dictionaries on
>>one's filesystem - the I18nTransformer throws an exception if the systemId
>>doesn't start with file:// , presumably because the SourceResolver isn't
>>available in the XMLResourceBundleFactory and XMLResourceBundle classes.
>>Will it be possible to give a URL as the location parameter for the
>>I18nTransformer at a later stage?
>I've done some recent hacking on the i18nTransformer and I'll be sending
>some patches soon. (One change was to remove use of the SourceResolver and
>use the URLFactory component).
>But to answer your question, I don't see any specific rhyme or reason for
>requiring a file:// URL. the XMLResourceBundle class is the one that loads
>the URL, and it will use the javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder class to do
>so. If you are using xerces, it appears that it should work for any sort of

I see what you mean, but our problem is that we have added a protocol to
cocoon (with our own SourceFactory and Source classes to interface to a
content management system) and since the XMLResourceBundle doesn't use
Cocoon's SourceResolver, our URL won't be recognised.

>peter royal ->
>managing partners, inc. ->

Knowledge by Experience

To unsubscribe, e-mail: