cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@managingpartners.com>
Subject Re: Question about I18nTransformer
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 13:35:18 GMT
At 01:21 PM 9/28/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>At present (Cocoon2rc1a) it seems that one can only keep dictionaries on
>one's filesystem - the I18nTransformer throws an exception if the systemId
>doesn't start with file:// , presumably because the SourceResolver isn't
>available in the XMLResourceBundleFactory and XMLResourceBundle classes.
>Will it be possible to give a URL as the location parameter for the
>I18nTransformer at a later stage?

I've done some recent hacking on the i18nTransformer and I'll be sending
some patches soon. (One change was to remove use of the SourceResolver and
use the URLFactory component).

But to answer your question, I don't see any specific rhyme or reason for
requiring a file:// URL. the XMLResourceBundle class is the one that loads
the URL, and it will use the javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder class to do
so. If you are using xerces, it appears that it should work for any sort of
URL.
-pete

managing partners, inc. -> http://www.managingpartners.com