cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@managingpartners.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Framework mods
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:46:38 GMT
At 11:04 AM 9/18/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>1) Simply replace the Loggable and AbstractLoggable classes with the proposed
>    version.  This causes a backwards incompatibility, and is not preffered.

I prefer this. Yes, it breaks compatibility, but I value a meaningful name
over the break. (In my own self-centered view of the world, we have yet to
ship our C2/Avalon product, so it won't cause me any headaches)

As another alternative, org.apache.log.Logger is a class right now, what if
that was made into an interface and used as the basis for the new common
logging interface? Would that alleviate the need to change any existing
code? I may be completely off base with that thought, but I figured I'd
toss it out there.
-pete

managing partners, inc. -> http://www.managingpartners.com