cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sun confirmed bug in JPEGEncoder, affecting Batik
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:18:35 GMT
Michael Hartle wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> >Oh, I was myself very puzzled by this one but after applying your patch
> >I can confirm that it works much better (and interesting enough, faster
> >for small images, well, of course, slower for bigger ones)
> >
> Faster for small images ? Interesting.

Or maybe not: this was a perception and I don't have any number to back
this up so it might be a total illusion given by the new sense of
stability :)

> So far, I did not get any
> response from the Batik development list, and there is no update on the
> CVS either; I checked it just a few minutes ago.

It will come, those guys are pretty deep into java and graphics. If they
don't push to fix it, nobody will.

> >Which makes you a perfect candidate for another "real-life howto" of the
> >series that Sergio is going to start this weekend. If you find a few
> >hours and the will to do it, we would all be very grateful. You know,
> >those things are *very* useful when you have to go to your boss and say
> >"let's use this stuff" and they say "Cocoon? how much does it cost?" and
> >you say "it's free and it's very powerful".
> >
> I looking forward to contribute my results in terms of resulting
> documentation, code and test results back to the Cocoon project when
> Cocoon2 has been integrated and is being deployed. I am working as an
> external consultant, though, and have to check some legal aspects, but I
> am quite positive.

Great news. Keep up the great work.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.