cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Hartle <mhar...@hartle-klug.com>
Subject Re: Sun confirmed bug in JPEGEncoder, affecting Batik
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:31:12 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>Oh, I was myself very puzzled by this one but after applying your patch
>I can confirm that it works much better (and interesting enough, faster
>for small images, well, of course, slower for bigger ones)

Faster for small images ? Interesting. So far, I did not get any
response from the Batik development list, and there is no update on the
CVS either; I checked it just a few minutes ago.

>Which makes you a perfect candidate for another "real-life howto" of the
>series that Sergio is going to start this weekend. If you find a few
>hours and the will to do it, we would all be very grateful. You know,
>those things are *very* useful when you have to go to your boss and say
>"let's use this stuff" and they say "Cocoon? how much does it cost?" and
>you say "it's free and it's very powerful".

I looking forward to contribute my results in terms of resulting
documentation, code and test results back to the Cocoon project when
Cocoon2 has been integrated and is being deployed. I am working as an
external consultant, though, and have to check some legal aspects, but I
am quite positive.

Best regards,

Michael Hartle