cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Hartle <mhar...@hartle-klug.com>
Subject Re: Sun confirmed bug in JPEGEncoder, affecting Batik
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 00:04:32 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>Know what? I was *just* ready to file a bug report for the exact same
>thing since the (yet to be released) cocoon-based image gallery uses
>that class pretty heavily and the JVM keeps on crashing.

I was close to sweating blood on this one as at a clients site, the
system kept on crashing. The whole navigation of this intranet website
is being autogenerated from a central source when needed, neatly
following a lengthy design specification, giving this bug every
opportunity to show up. Since the patch has been applied, this Win2000
system is close to being rock-stable. Best of all was that I needed to
submit 3 bug reports to convince Sun that this bug was existant.

>Anyway, many thanks for the workaround: I'll apply it to my code, test
>it heavily and report ASAP.

You're welcome ;) I am currently connecting Documentum 4i and Cocoon as
a standard solution for an enterprise-wide deployment, and I am grateful
for the flexibility and power of Cocoon2.

Best regards,

Michael Hartle