cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Arno Illmann <arno.illm...@gmx.de>
Subject Documentation of sitemap syntax, XSP-Logicsheets and configuring for actions
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:34:41 GMT
Dear Cocoon Users and Developers,

Ahead I beg your pardon for my germlish. Following a few questions about sitemap syntax, XSP-Logicsheets
and configuring for actions. I think these questions are a good example for the questions
of a c2 idiot v0.2RC1 0:) . The answers should be added in the below mentioned documentations
and what I can do is supplie it in xdoc format to Jeremy Aston and his "The Cocoon Two Idiots
Guide" at http://www.pigbite.co.uk/ctwig/index.html .

1) Where to find additional detailed syntax and usage of sitemap tags?

A few days ago I tried to put out i.e. a HTML head with caching information, but it doesn't
do it (was not parsed or outputted). I found some snippets on this mailing list. My test was
(map:aggregate did it):

<map:match pattern="welcome">
<map:aggregate element="page"
   ns="http://lokalzumhost/arnoillmann">
     <map:part src="docs/static.xml" element="arno"
        ns="http://lokalzumhost/arno"/>
     <map:part src="docs/dynamic.xsp" element="illmann"
        ns="http://lokalzumhost/illmann"/>
    </map:aggregate>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/simple-page2html.xsl"/>
    <map:act type="http-header-action">
      <map:parameter name="expires" value="0"/>
      <map:parameter name="Pragma" value="no-cache"/>
      <map:parameter name="Cache-Control" value="no-cache"/>
    </map:act>
  <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

The very helpful overview/documentation v1.0 from Berin Loritsch (to find in thread "cocoon
2 tutorial") or the profound documentation on the Cocoon 2 Site about sitemap tags don't provide
this information.

2) A next question is about the (deprecated?) built-in XSP logicsheets, i.e response.xsl (\src\org\apache\cocoon\components\language\markup\xsp\java\request.xsl)
or util.xsl.
I know, i should work with actions in the sitemap, but where can I find the corresponding
elements in c2?

3) Why is the request taglib in use and the response taglib not, respectivly is an action
set defined for i.e HTTP reguest and where to find those in the cocoon code base. Respectivly
can someone give an overview of the contents  and a what-to-do-with-it (beside building a
war file) of these folders in \src\org\apache\cocoon\:

\acting\
\components\browser\
\components\language\markup\sitemap\java\
\components\language\markup\xsp\
\components\language\markup\
\environment\http\
\environment\wrapper\
\environment\
\selection\
\sitemap\

Concerning Carsten Ziegelers mail in thread "Apache Cocoon 2 RC Release" [ ... The schedule
for the final version of Cocoon 2 is estimated at 4-6 weeks from today. This heavily depends
on the feedback of the current Cocoon 2 users. We expect that the changes between the release
candidate and the final version only concern documentation updates. But this is a very difficult
and time consuming task. ...] I will post this to cocoon-dev too. I hope this is o.k. and
constructive. If it's the wrong place for documentation feedback, let me know.

Thanks in advance and congratulations and many thanks to the C2 developer team for releasing
RC1!

Best regards, Arno Illmann