cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Muja <mario.m...@delaval.com>
Subject Re: DatabaseXActions
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 15:11:36 GMT
<head>
</head>
Hi Chris,<br>
1. how does this intermediate "request attribute over request param" work
in practice? I mean, how does your code / sitemap look like, when you use
this feature?<br>
2. To whom do you forward your patch for AbstractDatabaseAction? Or do you
have permissions to write to the CVS tree? I ask this to find out, to whom
I shall send my own improvements of the code or documentation.<br>
Best Regards,<br>
Mario<br>
Chris Newland wrote:<br>
forgotton that the form validation action could substitute default<br>values for missing
form parameters. In that case there is no need to add<br>support for nullable and default
a patch to AbstractDatabaseAction that allows request<br>attributes to override request
parameters since this allows an intermediate<br>action to be placed between form-validation
and database action that can<br>manipulate the form parameters and store the updated
    <pre wrap="">-----Original Message-----<br>From: Mario Muja [<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="mailto:mario.muja@delaval.com">mailto:mario.muja@delaval.com</a>]<br>Sent:
06 September 2001 15:24<br>To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:cocoon-users@xml.apache.org">cocoon-users@xml.apache.org</a><br>Cc:
I have a form validation descriptor to validate parameters, which<br>are later stored
in database columns, then I do not like to put the same<br>rules into the form validation
all validation rules in one descriptor. I think, the<br>right place for this is the
form validation descriptor because then you<br>can validate parameters, which are not
stored in a database. It think,<br>this is the reason, why no validation attributes
like nullable and<br>default have been included in the database descriptor file.<br><b
r>So, why do you not simply use the form validation descriptor for the<br>Nullable
imagine that people<br></pre>
        <pre wrap="">different descriptor files for form validation and database manipulation<br>wouldn't
          <pre wrap="">database action descriptor is about manipulating database columns.
a developer to use the same descriptor file for<br>form validation actions and database
trying to add a little more power to the database action<br></pre>
            <pre wrap="">support the notion of nullable columns and default values for
some other people comment on this issue so I can get an idea about<br>whether my fixes
Sorry for the duplicate posts earlier, having a major ISP<br></pre>
Mario Muja [<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:mario.muja@delaval.com">mailto:mario.muja@delaval.com</a>]<br>Sent:
06 September 2001 14:24<br>To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:cocoon-users@xml.apache.org">cocoon-users@xml.apache.org</a><br>Cc:
for interrupting your discussion with Andrew. You wrote:<br><br>"nullable" attribute
in the AbstractDatabaseAction descriptor<br>"default" attribute in the AbstractDatabaseAction
descriptor<br>Does this not conflict with the Form Validation descriptor, which also<br>includes
check that your question has not already been answered in the<br>FAQ before posting.
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="http://xml.apach