cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <g.rabell...@bibop.it>
Subject Re: Cocoon Ant task
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 06:53:15 GMT
On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 09:43:29AM +1000, Jeff Turner wrote:
> >   <target name="cocoon">
> >     <cocoon destination="${base.dir}/docs"
> >             context="${base.dir}/documentation"
> >             workdir="${base.dir}/work"
> >             urifile="${base.dir}/documentation/root.uris"
>

> I was wondering, would it be possible to have Ant automatically
> determine which *.xml files are "out of date", and use that list instead
> of hardcoded lists in *.uris files?

It would be possible, but there is a problem with the whole sitemap
concept: it's not possible, in a general way, to associate a "virtual"
URI, such as the one matched in the sitemap to a concrete xml file
(or resource, or whatever). The fact that a list containing "foo.html"
and "bar.html" depends on "foo.xml" and "bar.xml" and the assumption
that, being the source file unchanged, the resource should not be
processed, is outside the scope of an Ant task: it should be a Cocoon
responsability to perform these checks and decide what to do.

This is how Cocoon's own caching works, but I really don't know if
the CLI environment can use it in different runs.

Anyway yes, i agree that this would be useful and worth
investigating.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino