cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <>
Subject Re: Cocoon Ant task
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:10:39 GMT
> > I'm more than willing to donate this small software to the ASF: is
> > the Cocoon team interested in it? Better yet: this is meant as an
> > optional Ant task, so it might make sense to donate it to the Ant
> > team. Yet using this task means also that you need to have a
> > fully working Cocoon environment (with all the libraries) so it
> > might be a bit overweight for the standard Ant distribution and
> > could fit better inside Cocoon (which package?).
> I think we should use it for Cocoon first and see later on how Ant can make use
> of it. As Berin proposed that we should build smaller jar for parts of Cocoon
> (interfaces, core, samples, etc.) maybe we find the "smalles possible
> environment" to use it. Also, most of the needed jars are already in Ant (xerxes
> xalan) and thus only things like batik could be a huge part of it to process svg
> graphics.

Agreed. What can be a good package name for the thingy?

> > Please let me know: if you're interested I might send you a working
> > version today or tomorrow.
> Yes, I personally would.

Great :) Based on the "release early, release often" pattern,
here goes a first try against current Cocoon CVS. It must be
used like this (this sample is being run against Avalon docs):

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<project name="Cocoontask" default="cocoon" basedir=".">

<property name="base.dir" value="../jakarta-avalon/build" />

<taskdef name="cocoon"

  <target name="cocoon">
    <cocoon destination="${base.dir}/docs"
            followlinks="true" />

Basically all you have to do is change the package (suggestions
are more than welcome) if you don't want to put it inside ant
and it *should* work. It needs some further work, though, but
it should give you an idea. Comments are more than welcome.

Of course, if you find it valuable, please consider this as
a donation to the ASF.

Gianugo Rabellino

View raw message