cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: AW: [C2]: Vote - New RC ? was [C2]: Reaching Milestone - C2rc1
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 00:41:37 GMT
On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 04:01:25PM +0200, Giacomo Pati wrote:
[...]
> > > How about ignoring the classpath set by users? Additional features can
> > > be compiled in by putting the corresponding jars into the ./lib
> > > directory.
> > >
> > Yes, this is exactly what my ant task does. It seems not possible
> > to ignore the classpath set by users with the available task.
>
> While we have ant installed in the CVS already we can modify the build.sh/.bat
> files to ignore the calsspath set by the user.

There's a magic property in Ant (1.4 at least):

<property name="build.sysclasspath" value="ignore"/>

That prevents tasks from seeing Ant's classpath. That includes:
 - anything in the user's CLASSPATH (what you want)
 - anything in $ANT_HOME/lib/*.jar

Jars from $ANT_HOME/lib can be added explicitly in <classpath> blocks to
tasks which need it.

--Jeff

> Giacomo
[..]