cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: testing/performance framework for Cocoon
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:56:26 GMT
On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 10:29:11AM -0700, Ovidiu Predescu wrote:
> Jeff and all,
>
> Over the weekend I worked on extracting the HttpClient test framework
> that comes with Tomcat 3.3, and making it a standalone framework.

Wow, that was impressively quick :)

[..]

> >From the other tasks, the biggest problem seems to be <spawn>. This
> one requires changes in the Ant internals, which I'm reluctant to do,
> unless I get some feedback from the Ant developers.

Hmm.. if <parallel> worked as a task, I'd have thought <spawn> would.

[..]
> There are two other tasks I'm looking at to implement:
>
> - <include> to include XML fragment files in the main Ant build.xml
> file. This would allow the tests to be put in separate files, and have
> them included all at once in the main Ant driver.

You could use good'ol entity declarations here. If you use this for the
build.xml doctype decl:

<!DOCTYPE project [
    <!ENTITY tests SYSTEM "file:build-tests.xml">
]>

Then you can put a:

  &tests;

somewhere in build.xml, and tests.xml will be included.

> - <listen>. This is very specific to asynchronous SOAP
> communication. In such a scenario a SOAP client sends a SOAP request
> to a server, which will later on send the client on a particular URL
> other SOAP messages. I'm looking at using the EmbeddedTomcat class
> from Tomcat 3.3.

'EmbededTomcat', one of those tragic spelling mistakes preserved
forevermore in the public API ;)

> I'll post some source code as soon as I have the code integrated with
> Cocoon and Cactus.

I look forward to having a play.

--Jeff