cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Framework mods
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:57:16 GMT
On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 01:04, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> 1) Simply replace the Loggable and AbstractLoggable classes with the
> proposed version.  This causes a backwards incompatibility, and is not
> preffered.

-1 before we have stable released versions of LogKit/Framework/Excalbiur that
all interoperate.

-0 after that

> 2) Deprecate Loggable and create a new interface to avoid
> incompatibilities. This causes us to have to use a less than desirable
> interface name for the equivalent of Loggable.

-0 Unless we can think of a good name. Some examples that I have thought about

LogAware
LoggerAware
LoggingAware
LogEnabled
LoggerEnabled
LoggingEnabled
Loggerizable
Loggable2
logger2.Loggable

Ages ago I had a few people also ask if we could have the method NOT conform
to beans standards because it can sometimes get mixed up with automatic
bean-mapping systems and had to be special-cased. So instead of setLogger()
we use a new method like loggerize(), logEnable() or whatever.

I guess this is the best option *if* we can think of a new interface name
that is good but I kinda like current interface name - *sigh* ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete