cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schmitt>
Subject [C2] encoding of serialized output
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2001 08:48:51 GMT
Hi all,
I have a problem here regarding the encoding of serialized output.
Please consider the following scenario:

In the sitemap I declare the following serializer:

Now when a document is created using the "csv" serializer, I expect it
to be in "iso-8859-1". But no, all I get is UTF-8 encoding which screws
up my german special characters (Umlaute etc.).

Is there something in the code that sets encoding to some default (UTF-8???)?
I grep'ed for UTF-8 but that didn't turn up anything. I found the place
in org.apache.cocoon.serialization.TextSerializer that sets the output
properties, and up to there everything seems OK.

I'd appreciate any tips and/or hints.

Christian Schmitt

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: