cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schmitt ...@ffzj0ia9.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject [C2] encoding of serialized output
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2001 08:48:51 GMT
Hi all,
I have a problem here regarding the encoding of serialized output.
Please consider the following scenario:

In the sitemap I declare the following serializer:
 <map:serializer
      name="csv"
      mime-type="application/vnd.ms-excel"
      src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.TextSerializer">
   <encoding>iso-8859-1</encoding>
 </map:serializer>

Now when a document is created using the "csv" serializer, I expect it
to be in "iso-8859-1". But no, all I get is UTF-8 encoding which screws
up my german special characters (Umlaute etc.).

Is there something in the code that sets encoding to some default (UTF-8???)?
I grep'ed for UTF-8 but that didn't turn up anything. I found the place
in org.apache.cocoon.serialization.TextSerializer that sets the output
properties, and up to there everything seems OK.

I'd appreciate any tips and/or hints.

Thanks,
Christian Schmitt