cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: FW: C2: Action to modify request parameters
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 14:40:03 GMT
On 05.Sep.2001 -- 12:18 PM, Chris Newland wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a problem with the Database<Add|Delete|Update>Action actions. I'd
> like to use an intermediate action to modify request parameters before they
> are sent to DatabaseXAction action but I can't set them back into request
> parameters (which is where the DatabaseXAction actions reads them from - See
> attached conversation below).
>
> I would like to suggest that either:
>
> 1) in DatabaseXAction, request attributes are allowed to override request
> parameters of the same name

Chris,

I have a database add action in queue that delegates obtaining of
values to configurable classes. It uses a different syntax for the
descriptor file, though, and needs some cleaning before I dare to
release it into the public. Anyway, it does work right now. I haven't
found spare time for it in days but hope to do it this week. I hope
that it would require relatively small effort to create similar update
/ delete / select actions.

So you might stay tuned until then, contact me in private mail for a
dirty working copy or of course go ahead and modify the existing
actions.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l