cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [C2]: Changes between C2.0 and C2.1
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2001 11:47:02 GMT
Team,
I think it's time to set a date for a "Release Candidate" for C2.0. How about 15th of September?

We'll need to do an inventory of the differences between C2.0 and C2.1 and decide which ones
back-port to C2.0. If we can do this by end of this week, we can concentrate on testing C2.0
the
whole of next week.

Thanks,
dims

--- Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@sundn.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am really impressed by the changes which took effect over the
> last weeks. Great work!
>
> But I am now wondering if we do the right thing. The C2.1 version
> is now incompatible to 2.0. So I fear, that people will never use
> the (final) 2.0 version and jump-start using 2.1 as they otherwise
> might have to change their source code first from C1 to C2.0 and
> afterwards to C2.1. And even if you start from scratch right now,
> you have to ask yourself if you want to give 2.1 first a try and
> only if things go wrong backup to 2.0.
>
> I know that it was me who said we should finish 2.0 and make
> those changes only to 2.1, but after having two weeks vacation
> with much time to think about those issues, I found it worth
> to start this thread.
>
> Carsten

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager