cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2]: Problems with current version
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:18:56 GMT
Quoting Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@sundn.de>:

> Hi Team,
>
> I just tested the current cvs of 2.0: there are at least two
> problems with the examples:
>
> 1. Aggregation: The url "http://www.slashdot.org/slashdot.xml" does not
> provide
>    xml anymore. Has anyone a different working url providing xml or
> should
> we
>    remove it?

Hmm.., can't we turn those examples, which depend on external resources, into
local ones?

> 2. The state examples:
>    There seems to be a bug in the currently used xalan version:
>    "When accessing child nodes in a NodeList passed to an extension
>     function an DTMDOMException is thrown."
>    This possible bug was detected by Christian and is reported to
> bugzilla
>    as bug 3722.
>    We can eiter exclude the two state examples or revert to an older
> version
>    of xalan (perhaps D4 or D5 should work).
>    As there were some major problems in those versions of Xalan, I think
>    reverting the xalan version is not an option, we should remove the
> examples.

Is anybody on the Xalan list to address these bugs?

> Are there any other problems with the examples?
>
> And there is another problem:
> When the distribution is build using JDK1.2 the tools.jar of the jdk1.2
> is
> copied
> to the distribution as javac.jar. When the distribution is now rebuild
> with
> jdk1.3
> or used with jdk 1.3, this jar cannot be read, making C2 unusable. You
> have
> delete the javac.jar by hand.
> I would propose that we do not distribute the tools.jar (or javac.jar)
> in
> the
> distribution. Or would this create other problems?

I think we should not distribute the tools.jar and place a note on a binary
and complete dist how to complete the webapp directory. A source dist is not
affect by this.

Giacomo