cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: Unhappy with ""
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:27:53 GMT
Hello Stefan, there was no choice for the way that the
entity catalog properties file is found via the classpath
in WEB-INF/classes/ ... that is the way provided by the
Sun resolver Java package.

The default catalog is already being loaded from
using the parseCatalog() method. The location of the default
catalog can already be specified via cocoon.xconf to over-ride
the built-in default path. (I will send a patch to show how.)

However, i do not think that that helps with your situation.
I will attempt to develop a patch that allows you to specify
the location of an additional catalog via cocoon.xconf

There is also another facility that needs to be explored. Entity
catalogs provide a directive called CATALOG which allows
you to specify sub-ordinate catalogs.
(See cocoon2/catalog.html for some explanation.)

Thanks for raising this issue. We were trying to get the basic
entity resolution support in first - that is now done. So it is time
to attend to some other issues like yours. I am not familiar with
the ramifications of running multiple cocoon apps - cocoon-dev
list will help to sort it out.

David Crossley

> Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:06:59 +0200
> From: "Stefan Seifert" <>
> To: <>
> I'm a bit unhappy with the decision to put the
> CatalogManager-Configuration unlike all other configuration information
> in a properties file that has to be in the class path, for two reasons:
>  - it is inconsistent, all other information is placed somewhere in
> cocoon.xconf or cocoon-sitemap.xmap
>  - and mostly: In my configurations if have tomcats with multiple cocoon
> apps, and i put the cocoon-libs etc. only in the tomcat classpath on
> startup, not in every web-inf/lib directory. In this case i have no
> possibility to configure CatalogManager for the different
> cocoon-Instances seperatly.
> Any possibility to configure the CatalogManager on another way? Perhaps
> integrated with cocoon.xconf?
> Stefan

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: