cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Paolo" <lav...@arsenio.net>
Subject Pipeline caching...
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:42:29 GMT
I am working on a web application bases on Cocoon 2. Every page of my
application has to be created by applying a stylesheet to many
aggregated pipelines. Some of these are generated by XSP and querying
databases.

Some of these XML components don't change into a session, then I can
generate them the first time only, store somewhere and reload them fast
without reprocess every pipeline during the session.

I trying using the WriteDOM/ReadDOM transformers but I really don't know
how to use that because of their transformer-nature (how can use a
stored DOM tree as generator?).

What I am asking is simple: is there any way to cache a pipeline in this
way, simply by adding a parameter to the pipeline definition instead of
many selectors/transformers to do that?

Is there anyone that is working on a feature like that?

This is my sitemap:

<!-- HOME PAGE -->
<map:match pattern="home_*">
  <map:aggregate element="gportal">
    <map:part src="cocoon:/dbhotel"/>		<!-- fixed in session
-->
    <map:part src="cocoon:/dbroom"/>		<!-- fixed in session
-->
    <map:part src="cocoon:/dbcustomer"/>		<!-- fixed in
session -->
    <map:part src="cocoon:/dbdays"/>		<!-- fixed in session
-->
    <map:part src="cocoon:/otherpipelines"/> 	<!-- changes in session
-->
  </map:aggregate>
  <map:transform src="documents/{1}/home.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

Where dbhotel, dbroom and dbcustomer are something like:

<map:match pattern="dbroom">
  <map:generate src="documents/shared/xsp/dbroom.xsp"
type="serverpages"/>
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

What do you think about that?