cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Why does Action extend ThreadSafe ?
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 15:50:44 GMT
On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > > For outputting XML error reports from action-type tags used in the
> > > XSPAction that get rendered later by the Generator phase?
> >
> > That doesn't answer my question. Rendering or marshalling is quite the
> > same process. So why does it have to be XML? XML is far from being an
> > ideal representation for inter object communication (Action ->
> > Generator).
>
> Outputting XML is not what is attracting me on XSPActions. (I actually
> cannot see a good reason for an Action to output XML, too)
>
> But using it as a CodeGenerator is neat! Having logicsheets and XSPActions
> to generate the Actions before they get executed is what I'd like
> to see...

Yes, I know as well people get used to XSP for convenience. But I think
it is quite dangerous to use the XSP MarkupLanguage component as is for
Actions. It should be a separate MarkupLanguage (as like the sitemap
has) with a separate xsp.xsl file that prevents dangerous elements like
<xsp:expr>. That's my point.

Giacomo