cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <>
Subject Re: [C2]: Simplyfying log configuration
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 21:16:47 GMT
On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> The configuration of the log is currently done in the web.xml.
> This includes the log level, the log file name etc.
> What do you all think about moving this configuration to the
> cocoon.xconf? This would allow any change to take effect
> immediately after it was changed when cocoon is reloaded.
> And personally I think it would make things a little bit easier for
> users as they must only deal with one configuration file.

Well, I think you cannot remove the logger out of the servlet because
you need it during CM setup. But afterwards the Cocoon class can change
the LogTargets/Formats using a LogManager component (I think I'm
repeating Berins proposal more that once today :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message