cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c2 proposal] map:aggregate
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2001 05:24:40 GMT
On Sat, 28 Jul 2001, Gerhard Froehlich wrote:

> Hi,
> Following proposal:
> The map:aggregate functionality is very usefull I think. But it's very
> laborious when you have many xml documents to aggregate. Take a look in
> the xdocs, there are more then 77 documents.
>
> I think it would be more comfortable if you can say "take all valid xml
> documents from this directory
> and aggregate them". Maybe with subdirectories?

I know the map:aggregate is not very dynamic (which it never wanted to
be). It is very static in the way you have to specify the parts of your
pipeline. For dynamic aggregation C/XIncludeTransformer are the better
choice. The best you can achieve is to combine both, map:aggregate for
layout aggregation and C/XInclude for content aggregation.

But how about this:

Write an xsp page that scans a directory (specified by parameter) and
writes them as include for the XIncludeTransformer following it in the
pipeline.

Giacomo