cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject [C2 patch] xsp generation & multiple threads
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:25:24 GMT
Hi All,

	Hope all is well.

	During our recent load tests I've come across a thread-related bug in
	the ProgramGenerator implementation. The symptoms are similar to the
	sitemap recompilation issue we faced last week.

	If 2 simultaneous requests ask for the same xsp resource, which is not
	compiled, or has changed, etc, then the that resource is created and
	loaded twice. If the loading of the class occurs while the second
	request is (re)compiling it, then very strange things happen.. :-)

	I've been able to reproduce this easily in our test environment, and
	have attached a patch (using the Carsten method (TM) :-) ) which fixes
	the problem. Hope it's all ok.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: