cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject RE: [C2 patch] appending to cocoon.log
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:20:03 GMT
Hi Vadim,

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Hm. Interesting question. :)
> I just modified this so it's compatible with other boolean settings.
> "True" might be overkill - next thing you know people will ask about internationalization
;)

	*nod* Point taken.

	I just noticed that log-format and show-time use equalsIgnoreCase() so
	we already have a discrepancy there. :-(

	Just being picky herer, but the other thing is that (general with most
	of the options):

		true equates to true, as expected
		false equates to false, as expected

		with the current implementation,

		False also equates to false, as most would probably expect
		FALSE also equates to false, as most would probably expect

		but

		True equates to false, not what most would expect
		TRUE equates to false, not what most would expect

	This could cause some configuration woes for the unwary.

	Another general question here, the current implementation appends to
	log files if the init parameter is not set (ie. if
	getInitParameter("log-append") returns null) - do we want this to be
	the case ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: