cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject RE: [C2 patch] appending to cocoon.log
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2001 16:12:08 GMT
On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, John Morrison wrote:

> > On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, John Morrison wrote:
> >
> > > If you have the time and inclination to play in the area - how about a
> > > rolling log of some description?
> >
> > 	If you have the init-param set in the web.xml, then the following
> > 	string will be added to the log file upon every startup:
> >
> > 	'Appending to previous log file, if existing'
> >
> > 	Is this what you mean ?
>
> Not quite, I mean that Cocoon starts a new log every X hours
> (/minutes/ampm/days/[insert time period here]), ie the log 'rolls' every few
> hours (or days).  I *believe* it's built in functionality to the logger, but
> I don't have the time to investigate.

	*nod*.. I see what you mean. So the log file should rotate and after a
	defined time period. I've seen a bit of traffic about this on the
	avalon-dev mailing list recently. I'll take a look into it.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: