cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject RE: [C2 patch] appending to cocoon.log
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2001 15:52:35 GMT
Hi John,

	Thanks for your reply and input.

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, John Morrison wrote:

> If you have the time and inclination to play in the area - how about a
> rolling log of some description?

	If you have the init-param set in the web.xml, then the following
	string will be added to the log file upon every startup:

	'Appending to previous log file, if existing'

	Is this what you mean ?

	The only misnomer is that it's also printed in the servlet log as
	cocoon logs to both targets, however we have no control whether the
	servlet log is appended to as its under control of the container
	itself.

	Perhaps we should just log this one message to the cocoon logger ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: