cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: Cocoon Stammtisch Tonight
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 14:52:28 GMT
On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Marcus Crafter wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> >         Just wanted to say it was great to meet those of you who were able to
> >         attend the Cocoon Stammtisch on wednesday. It's always great to match
> >         up faces with names, and to hear about Cocoon in use in other
> >         projects.
>
> So are you going to keep the rest of us in suspense?
> What all went on in the Stammtisch?  We can't all be there :/

	Its a pity you all couldn't be there too :-( Couldn't you charge it
	as a business expense :-) :-)

	We had about 7 people in total, several from the project where I work
	(myself, Christian, Michael, and Olaf), and others from Frankfurt who
	also use cocoon and are on the dev-list - Mariano, Drasko, and Phillipe.
	Unfortunately Matthew and Carsten couldn't make it this time, but I
	hope next time it will work out.

	There wasn't a real agenda set, it was more just an opportunity to meet
	others IRL who are using cocoon and to see what style of applications
	are being built out there.

	The venue was good, but a little loud for discussion, and a bit slow
	on the beer :-)

	We talked about lots of things, ranging from cocoon1 to cocoon2,
	developer and user perspectives of cocoon, similar commercial
	products, etc, and some off-topic things like OO vs relational
	databases, Frankfurt, Australia, and more, which was also good.

	No photos this time, but I'll remember that for the next one! :-)

	It was a great evening though, and it sounds like cocoon2 is getting
	some real usage out there, hopefully there's interest to meet
	again in a few weeks.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: