cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: IT'S TIME TO REDO YOUR TESTS, GENTLEMEN!
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:16:00 GMT
Gerhard,

According to my tracing tool (OptimizeIT) most of the cpu time was consumed
by the method java.util.ZipFile.open(). As I traced down the thread
the first "core" method from cocoon I hit in this tree of method invocations
was the process() method of the CachingPipline. Ok that's plausibly of
course.
<<

I have (also) been doing some testing with OptimizeIT and because I have the
same results (i.e. ZipFile.open() using up the cpu time) - has this been
fixed with last weeks patches or do we need to look at this again?

>From my tests it looks as though the calls are coming from the DTMManager
(see screen-shot) which would seem to point to xalan.

Matthew

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]