cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: New Excalibur--Time to redo your Cocoon Load Tests
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 14:57:50 GMT
Berin,

great to know you have finally found and fixed this and thanks to Marcus and
the others for following this one.

Matthew Langham

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 9. August 2001 16:47
An: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Betreff: New Excalibur--Time to redo your Cocoon Load Tests
Wichtigkeit: Hoch

Thanks to Tom Klaasen for finding the Race Condition in Excalibur's
pooling code that has been plaguing so many of us, we have been
able to fix the problem.

A fortunate side affect of the fix was seriously improved performance.
In fact, the larger the object, the better you notice the performance.

I ran Excaliburs PoolProfiler against the improved code, and the
efficiency of the pools increased by 100% to 150% in all tests.

I love fixes like this that increase your performance and your robustness
all at the same time.

Please, post your observations to the list--especially if there are
bugs introduced (I hope not).