cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Newland" <chris.newl...@emorphia.com>
Subject Configuration attribute overriding fails for nullable?
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2001 12:16:35 GMT
Hi All,

Parameter overriding does not appear to be working when I try to override
the 'nullable' attribute of a Configuration parameter:

<root>

	<parameter name="password" type="string" nullable="no" />

	<constraint-set name="modify">

		<validate name="password" nullable="yes"/>

	</constraint-set>

</root>

I've tested overriding the other attributes (min, max, max-len ...) and they
work fine but the example above fails when the "modify" constraint-set if
used to validate a null "password" parameter.

I've verified this behaviour by adding extra debug into
AbstractValidatorAction.

>From what I can see, the construction of Configuration variables is not part
of the Cocoon2 codebase but is in the Avalon framework package. I'll
download the source for Avalon and see if I can find the bug but can
somebody please SHOUT if I'm going on a wild goose chase?

Thanks,

Chris

--
Chris Newland
Software Research Engineer

Emorphia Ltd
Registered in England.  4133002
Mill House, Station Approach, Harlow Mill, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2EL, UK

Email: chris.newland@emorphia.com
Tel: +44 (0)1279 450100
Fax: +44 (0)1279 450102

Check out FIPA-OS at http://fipa-os.sourceforge.net/

This message may contain information proprietary to Emorphia so any
unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution of its contents is strictly
prohibited.