cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: [C2]: Unique request id
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2001 07:16:39 GMT
> Bernhard Huber wrote:
>
> Hi,
> What do hope to get by this unique request-id later?
> Aren't user-id more interesting, so you can figure out
> who has done what, http-request level may be too fine-grained.
The user-id (or ip-address) is of course very interesting
(if the user is not behind a firewall). It can already be
included in the log, as the Request/Response objects are
available in the log target.
But a unique request-id can be used to filter the log
to get all log entries which belong to one single request.
The id itself has no meaning.

Carsten