cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject [C2] Ambiguous API - AbstractServerPage.modifiedSince(long date)
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:39:45 GMT
I wonder whether it would be worth considering renaming and/or clarifying
the documentation of the modifiedSince() method defined in the Modifiable
interface?  The uses of this method in Cocoon appear to fit with the
description of the method as implemented in AbstractServerPage, however
this definition is probably the exact opposite of what you would expect
for a method of this name, and I'm not sure that it is in keeping with the
description in Modifiable.java.

I would expect modifiedSince(date) to mean "has this object been modified
since the given date, if it has return true".

But the implementation is "has this object been modified since the given
date, if *not* return true".

Unfortunately, I can't think of a better name than:
needsRefreshingGivenLastAffectingChangeDateOf(Date dateOfLastUpdate)  :-)

Stuart.