cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject Re: [C2] Possible bug in SitemapComponentSelector.select() ?
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 21:09:37 GMT
Okay, at last I think I've fixed this problem.  Thank you Vadim for making
me aware that components could have individual pool settings.  Many days
later and many false leads past I now have a ridiculously simple solution.

I think it would be a very helpful idea to include at least one use of
these individual component pooling settings in the example sitemap just to
let people know the facility is there.

All I needed to do was set:

>   <stream-pipeline
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline"
> pool-max="32" pool-min="16" pool-grow="4" />

and

>   <event-pipeline
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline"
> max="32" pool-min="16" pool-grow="4" />

in my cocoon.xconf file, and:

>    <map:generator  name="file"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGenerator" label="content" max="32"
>  pool-min="16" pool-grow="4" />

and

>    <map:transformer     name="xslt"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer" pool-max="32"
> pool-min="16" pool-grow="4">

and

>    <map:serializer name="xml"    mime-type="text/xml"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer" pool-max="32"
> pool-min="16" pool-grow="4"/>

in my sitemap.xmap file.

and this made a big difference.  Last weeks 6.4 secs is down to todays 100
ms.

I'm still a little purplexed as to why every new TraxTransformer was
creating 8 new JaxpParsers - this still seems like some kind of
inefficiency to me, but I'll have to leave it be for the moment.

Stuart.