cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Morrison, John" <John.Morri...@uk.experian.com>
Subject RE: [C2] Difference between...
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 08:09:26 GMT


> -----Original Message-----
> From: giacomo [mailto:giacomo@apache.org]
> Sent: Thursday, 09 August 2001 10:30 pm
> To: 'cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org'
> Subject: Re: [C2] Difference between...
> 
> 
> On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Morrison, John wrote:
> 
> > Hi All,
> >
> > There was a change committed between the 13 July and the 14 
> July which broke
> > Cocoon2 support for ServletExec.  I did cvs co -D "13 July 2001"
> > xml-cocoon2, built and it worked correctly, rm -rf 
> xml-cocoon2 ; cvs co -D
> > "14 July 2001" xml-cocoon2 doesn't.  The error reported is...
> >
> > ERROR   99726   [cocoon  ] (main): Could not configure 
> Cocoon environment
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> > 	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Cocoon.java:209)
> > 	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:157)
> > 	at
> > 
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonSer
> vlet.java:622)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:151)
> > 	at
> > 
> com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.CallServletInit(Servlet
> Exec.java)
> > 	at
> > 
> com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplServletContext.CreateServlet(Ap
> plServletConte
> > xt.java)
> > 	at
> > 
> com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplServletContext.loadConfiguredSe
> rvlet(ApplServ
> > letContext.java)
> > 	at
> > 
> com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.LoadExternalServlet
> s(ApplicationI
> > nfo.java)
> > 	at
> > 
> com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServerHostInfo.LoadExternalServlets
> (ServerHostInf
> > o.java)
> > 	at
> > 
> com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.LoadExternalServlets(Se
> rvletExec.java
> > )
> > 	at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.Init(ServletExec.java)
> > 	at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.Init(ServletExec.java)
> >
> > (full log file attached)
> >
> > I've examined the files commited between those two dates 
> and I can't see
> > what could be causing it.
> >
> > I've (kind of) ruled out it being any of the supporting 
> jars because if I
> > replace the 14 July cocoon.jar with the one built from 13 
> July it works.  So
> > this indicates that it's nothing to do with changes to 
> external jars?
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated...
> 
> Have you compared the jars in the ./lib directory as well?

Yes I did, the only difference was with xalan.  I took the one which was
checked in on the 14th and overwrote the 13th version, deleted the build and
all the files the servlet engine knows about, rebuilt and tested - it
worked.

I'm now working my way through the files which were commited on the 14th,
removing all traces of previous installations, rebuilding and testing.  I
*should* have completely merged all the files back by the end of today -
I'll see where I get to by then.

Thanks for the reply.

J.


=======================================================================
Information in this email and any attachments are confidential, and may
not be copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed
to any third party without our permission.  There is no intention to
create any legally binding contract or other commitment through the use
of this email.

Experian Limited (registration number 653331).  
Registered office: Talbot House, Talbot Street, Nottingham NG1 5HF

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cocoon-dev-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, email: cocoon-dev-help@xml.apache.org


Mime
View raw message