cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why does Action extend ThreadSafe ?
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:47:09 GMT

giacomo wrote:

> > > +0 on xsps as actions. sure, it might be nice to leverage existing
> > > logicsheets in xsp actions, but writing a standalone action class is quite
> > > easy anyway.
> >
> > ...as long as they are quite static. If you start to try to configure
> > them via XML descriptor you wish Cocoon would give you a helping hand.
>
> Avalon is giving you the helping hand (DefaultConfigurationBuilder) if
> you need to read a XML configuration from a file.

Besides that is what the akwardly named
AbstractComplimentoryConfigurableAction
is for.  It abstracts away the method to load a run-time configuration
file
specified by a parameter.  Check out the FormValidator Actions and the
Database
Actions for examples on how to use it.  You would be surprised at what
is possible.

I even have it cache the Configuration tree for you so you minimize the
traffic
on the filesystem.