cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Hartle <mhar...@hartle-klug.com>
Subject Re: IT BREAKS !!!
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 17:52:21 GMT
Hi all,

okay, I found the bastard that was causing all this trouble and almost
made me believe Java as a whole isn't mature ;)

Berin was right, the VM got killed due to the complex interaction of
Batik while generating images; the reason seems to be a concurrency
issue in Suns sun.awt.image.codec.JPEGImageEncoderImpl.writeJPEGStream()
function. If multiple users access dynamically generated images and a
user disconnects while the image is being streamed, the VM blows in Suns
JDK1.3.1, JDK1.4beta and in IBMs JDK1.3; at least the IBM implementation
writes a proper dump file that contains useful information.

Best regards,

Michael