cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject New Excalibur--Time to redo your Cocoon Load Tests
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 14:46:47 GMT
Thanks to Tom Klaasen for finding the Race Condition in Excalibur's
pooling code that has been plaguing so many of us, we have been
able to fix the problem.

A fortunate side affect of the fix was seriously improved performance.
In fact, the larger the object, the better you notice the performance.

I ran Excaliburs PoolProfiler against the improved code, and the
efficiency of the pools increased by 100% to 150% in all tests.

I love fixes like this that increase your performance and your robustness
all at the same time.

Please, post your observations to the list--especially if there are
bugs introduced (I hope not).