cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Why does Action extend ThreadSafe ?
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2001 14:18:07 GMT
Hi team,

As a vacation exercise (rainy days here in the french Alps), I
implemented the XSP-action that is so much wanted by some of you. The
easiest way to implement it is to make it a subclass of
ServerPagesGenerator that implements Action.

But I faced the following problem : Action extends ThreadSafe while
ServerPagesGenerator implements Recyclable, and thus cannot be
ThreadSafe (the component manager doesn't allow this). I moved
ThreadSafe implementation from Action to AbstractAction (which my action
does not inherit from), and all went well !

So the question is : why does Action extend ThreadSafe ? Isn't the
implied contract too strong for a general interface like Action ?

I'd like to remove ThreadSafe from Action and leave that decision to
each Action implementation (note also that neither Matcher nor Selector
extend it).

Thanks for your comments.

--
Sylvain Wallez