cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Confused about serialization API
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2001 13:24:08 GMT
Gianugo,

As i answered earlier, you can inject a transformer in between that will resolver the relative
URL's and pump in the absolute url's just before your serializer is called. Will this work?

Please don't treat my answer as absolute. Let us get others opinion as well. Also see previous
email discussion on the subject:

http://mailman.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2001-May/007246.html
http://mailman.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2001-May/007246.html

Thanks,
dims

--- Gianugo Rabellino <g.rabellino@bibop.it> wrote:
> Dims,
>
> thanks for your reply. I'm quite surprised of this approach
> and would really appreciate to get a grasp on the reason
> for doing this (since I'm sure there must be a good one :)).
>
> I'm still a bit confused and hope there is a way to get
> around this issue: actually my problem is to resolve relative
> URL in document streams (which is not an issue for HTML where
> URLs are resolved by a browser but it's a serious limitations
> for serializers based on XSL:FO, since they need to embed
> the resource right into the stream). AFAIK this is not possible
> even with the current FOPSerializer, which doesn't work - at
> least on my setup - with relative URLs and this can be quite
> an issue for applications that need to generate formats other
> than HTML. Should I assume that the official Cocoon answer is
> "keep your links absolute"?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> --
> Gianugo Rabellino
>

> On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 05:11:42AM -0700, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> > Gianugo,
> >
> > Yes. This is on purpose. If you are really keen on it, then you can add a new transformer
that
> can
> > modify the sax stream as needed, followed by one of the regular serializers like
XML or HTML

=====