cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Carvalho <sergio.carva...@acm.org>
Subject Re: [C2.1-dev] Sitemap builder does not work
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:20:52 GMT
On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 19:02:17 +0400, Piroumian, Konstantin wrote:
From: "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroumian@flagship.ru>
--

> I've updated C2 after a long time and I can see a lot of changes and
> goodies. I'm happy to see that C2 gains more interest among developers.
>
> But I have to make a little buzz about broken samples :)
> Tried the sitemap builder - it shows only the start page, then clicking on
> any of the links gives a Resource not found error. As I remeber, sitemap
> builder requires a JSP engine and some settings. What about adding Jasper to
> Cocoon libs?

Sorry about the broken sample. Sitebuilder does in fact require JSP to work, and
the reason that JSP is not installed by default in C2 has to do, I would guess,
with the fact that the method for getting JSPs to work is different from
container to container.

With Tomcat, you need to copy jasper-compiler.jar to C2's lib directory. I hope
to get some time to polish sitebuilder on the weekend, and I'll try to get it to
detect the lack of a JSP-enabled container and provide an intelligent error.

Cheers,

Sergio