cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <g.rabell...@bibop.it>
Subject Component setup
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:26:19 GMT
Ciao,

while I understand this is more an Avalon-specific question,
I'm a bit confused about component setup in Cocoon. From
Berin's documents I understand that there are some methods
that are called once in a component's life such as
configure(), initialize(), compose() and so on.

I'm planning to use initialize() in XMLDBGenerator in
order to obtain a database instance that will be reused
during the component lifetime: I actually did it and it
seems to work, yet by grepping the whole Cocoon code base
I see that Initializable is implemented only in Cocoon.java:
is that on purpose (i.e. is the use of Initializable discouraged
for some reason that I'm missing) or is it just a coincidence?

TIA,

--
Gianugo Rabellino