cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <g.rabell...@bibop.it>
Subject [C2][donation] XML:DB generator
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2001 13:45:48 GMT
Ciao,

during the last vacation I had the time to play around with Cocoon
2 and XML:DB. XML:DB (http://www.xmldb.org) is a generic and quite
simple API for accessing XML databases/repositories, supported by
dbXML (http://www.dbxml.org) and (probably) by Ozone.

I wrote a very simple Generator for C2 based on the latest API and
on the reference implementation of the lates beta of dbXML: it's
available at the address

http://www.geocities.com/gianugo/xmldb-c2.tar.gz

I'm not posting it here because the required jars sum up to a
compressed size of more than 3 Megs (thanks mainly to Jacorb
which is used in the dbXML product): please consider it as
a donation to the project and feel free to include it if you
find it useful. Included you find the required jars, the new
code & documentation (w. patched references to the summary pages)
and a set of patches to the build.xml file in order to allow
conditional compilation of the code if the support
jars are available.

Known limit: as of now dbXML does not have LexicalHandler support:
I wrote the patches to make it work and I'm sending them to the
dbXML team, hopefully they might make it soon into the codebase.

--
Gianugo Rabellino