cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mariano Kamp <mk...@codamax.com>
Subject Content aggregation in separate Threads?
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:27:05 GMT
Hi there,

  I was thinking about content aggregation. We do some portal like
aggregation of different resources. Some of them are pretty slow, like
querying email accounts or aggregating content from different sites
(sometimes more than a second for one <map:part>). It would be quite nice if
the different "parts" were to be aggregated in different threads. So that if
I put the slowest resource in the last <map:part> then the total time of the
aggregation should be almost equal to the slowest resource but not the sum of
all resources. Is this something planned or at least something which would be
possible to implement?

Mariano