cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject proposal: entity resolution capability
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 06:04:27 GMT
We now have the capability for resolution of external XML
entities working in our local Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev

Rather than trying to explain it in email, i have taken the
approach of preparing a documentation page. This is the
clearest way to explain it. Also, the documentation can
then evolve to become the user documentation.

There is a complete documentation page at the following URL,
which provides some background, explains all of the bits,
provides the code diffs, and the configuration pieces. The
page also records a few outstanding development issues.

A demonstration application as an Apache Cocoon sample is
also provided.

 www.indexgeo.com.au/work/cocoon/catalog.html
(That page and the sample are not being served by cocoon, it
is just a static printer-docs copy from our local system.)

The page has a link to a tar file of all the various pieces.
 www.indexgeo.com.au/work/cocoon/catalog-bits.tar.gz
It is not difficult to add the support, if you would like
to start to use it in your local development systems.

Hopefully this provides a good basis for further discussion
on the cocoon-dev list. I know that you need more reading like
a hole-in-the-head, but it is worth it. This capability adds
phenomenal power to an already phenomenal system.

cheers, David Crossley