cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gianugo Rabellino" <>
Subject Re: [C2][donation] XML:DB generator
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2001 21:24:43 GMT
> This sounds like just what the Doctor ordered!  We have been looking for
> a good solution to the
> problem of query/update of XML fragments within a large pool of documents.

Thanks Craeg. In order to have a full XML:DB support, though, there is still
some work to do: since an XML:DB compliant database can be seen (roughly) as
a "xpath-enabled" filesystem where directories are called Collections ans
files are called Resources, it might make sense to write something like the
DirectoryGenerator in order to query Collections and single documents. I
plan to write such thing during this week. Another interesting work might be
to add support for xpath directly inside the generators: this too can be
easily done.

Further on there might be a simple XSP logicsheet to allow interaction with
the DB (adding/removing collection and resources). This can be interesting
if coupled with XUpdate, which is supported by dbXML, yet it might take some
more time to me, given that I have almost no experience with XSP: I have
though some basic X:Forge components that might be easily refactored into
logicsheets. I'll see what I can do.

Gianugo Rabellino

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: