cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject problem with batik/svg serializer
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:50:35 GMT
hey guys. after a solid few hours of people banging on one of my sites
with heavy duty use of svg's, the svg serializer starts failing to
respond. i find this exception scattered through cocoon.log:

[2001/07/16 23:43:47] null
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
        at
org.apache.batik.gvt.renderer.StaticRendererFactory.getRenderContext(StaticRendererFactory.java:69)
        at
org.apache.batik.transcoder.image.ImageTranscoder.transcode(ImageTranscoder.java:151)
        at
org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(XMLAbstractTranscoder.java:126)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.serialization.SVGSerializer.notify(SVGSerializer.java:210)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.SVGBuilder.endDocument(SVGBuilder.java:107)

i'm using batik-libs.jar from c2's cvs repository. i'd refresh it straight
from batik's cvs but no one's responded to my query about how the jar file
is created (batik's build.xml has no task to build it). anyway, does
anyone have a clue as to what's going on?

oh, and it appears that once this error starts happening, it doesn't ever
stop until the servlet engine is restarted. just fyi.

- donald