cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: bug - c2 is caching too aggressively!
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 02:56:42 GMT
On Sun, 15 Jul 2001, giacomo wrote:

> To be honest, the code base has grown very quickly the last few month.
> I thought that the 304 was only produced by the ResourceReader so far
> but it seems that other parts of the code will produce 304 as well.
> Actually I don't know which part is also producing 304 but a find/grep
> should uncover those parts.

they're ultimately being generated by the stream pipeline components now,
actually, in the the processReader method. anyway, as it turns out, the
bug was not in c2 at all but rather caucho resin's cache engine. it's
adding an if-modified-since header to the request and erroneously shooting
off a 304 to apparantly all clients, regardless of if they sent an
if-mofified-since header or not. turning off caucho's cache fixes the
problem and is probably a good idea anyway since c2's cache is more
sophisticated.

- donald