cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject RE: cocoon2 site generated by cocoon2
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 18:47:48 GMT
On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Checked in the XSL's and the patches. A link will show up in the
> samples main page. This will definitely reduce the # of requests we
> get for documentation.

score, thanks!

> But we definitely still need to make it look better. Does anyone have
> a few cycles for this?

i've been fiddling with a heavy-svg version on my server (and now that
i've switched from tomcat to resin, it's stable). i think we should
provide at least three skins and make it easy to switch between them:

1. vanilla html - e.g., what i have now. uses all html elements as they
were originally intended to be used. ah, were we ever that young and
jnaive?

2. css/styled html - using nested tables and css and such to render a
prettier version.

3. heavy svg - maybe similar to what i have, maybe something else
radically different, but _something_ to showcase the power of batik (and
the c2 cache :))

- donald