cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: request info action
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:41:37 GMT
On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> But I have been wondering a couple of times...
> Shouldn't there be some common standard parameter
> available in the substitution map?! Like:
>
> - requested uri
> - servlet context or base-uri
> - query parameters
>
> Or is an action the better and cleaner way to go?

i'm _all_ for being able to access this data via the substitution map.
occasionally, i want to be able to use a request parameter in the sitemap
but i can't. the servlet context would be an easy way to allow users to
issue context-absolute redirects in the sitemap without having to
hard-code the current context path.

- donald