cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject RE: AW: AW: [C2] sitemap editor
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2001 13:14:07 GMT
rOn Mon, 9 Jul 2001 steven.noels@the-ecorp.com wrote:

> [...]

Yes. After a deeper look into the JAXB papers there are a few more
important differences between JAXB and our toolkit:

a) JAXB uses a special binding-description which our toolkit tries not
   to need. XSchema should be enough for it.

b) JAXB is not namespace aware which is a must if you like to describe
   objects like the SOAP Fault message.

c) The toolkit uses strong typing in the produced marshalled objects.
   This means that attributes are not likely to be supported for ordinary
   instance variables of the objects because attribute values cannot be
   explicitely typed.

Giacomo